A very simple no knead bread recipe you make in your dutch oven with just flour, salt, yeast, and water.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Mix the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it on the counter for at least 16 hours (preferably 24 hours). The dough should become sticky and at least double in size.
- Scrape the dough out of the bowl and onto a floured surface and fold it two times on itself, kind of like a book.
- Roll the dough into a round ball again, getting it nice and smooth on the bottom.
- Let it rise for one hour at room temperature covered with a floured tea towel. It should rise and grow, and may take a little longer than an hour.
- Score the top of the bread with a sharp knife.
- Put the dough into your cast iron dutch oven and bake at 425 to 450 degrees for 40 minutes.